(Senior) Research Associate ConfoBody® Discovery
Confo Therapeutics, a spin-off of VIB and VUB, is a drug discovery company built around a disruptive technology which enables it to address ‘undruggable’ GPCRs. The company is building a portfolio of transformative medicines in various disease areas. Confo Therapeutics’ headquarter is located on the Technology Park in Zwijnaarde/Ghent and the company has a second exploitation site on the Etterbeek campus of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. More information about Confo’s technology and strategy can be found on www.confotherapeutics.com.
For the expansion of the Technology Development team in Brussels we are recruiting a (m/f):
(Senior) Research Associate ConfoBody Discovery.
- You will assist in the novel ConfoBody discovery techniques across target programs.
- You will clone VHH antibody repertoires, execute antibody selections and characterize antibodies using a broad span of biochemical and cell-based assays to assess their conformation sensitivity.
- You will clone and express membrane proteins in mammalian cells using a variety of transformation methods.
- You will develop innovative cell-based reporter assays and establish single cell sorting.
- You communicate experimental progress to the project team(s).
- Degree of Bachelor or Master in Industrial Sciences (Industrial Engineer), Biochemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent. Bench oriented and preferentially trained in an industry environment (biotech or pharma).
- Minimally 1 year hands-on expertise in the implementation of cell-based assays.
- Direct experience with mammalian cell culturing (transient transfections, stable cell line generation or lentiviral transduction) and cell-based technologies such as complementation or reporter gene assays is highly desirable.
- Independently operating a flow cytometer and experienced in single cell sorting is preferred.
- Skilled in antibody display to membrane protein targets, cell-based antibody screening and good knowledge of GPCR biochemistry and pharmacology are assets.
- Trained in molecular biology with hands-on knowledge of state-of-the-art cloning techniques and RT-qPCR.
- Excellent communication skills in English and can communicate research results to the team.
- Self-motivating, team-oriented, problem-solving skilled individual.
- A competitive compensation package with extensive benefits.
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating international working environment in a growing and ambitious biotech company.